An advanced-formulation decking oil with excellent water resistance that both protects and enhances wooden decking.
Features and Highlights
- An advanced-formulation solvent-based decking oil that nourishes, protects decking
- Suitable for all softwood and hardwood decking, sheds, fences and other garden wood
- Contains biocide preserver to protect against mould
- Added UV fade resistant pigments protect decking from the sun’s harmful UV rays
- Protects garden decking and other exterior wood from splitting and warping
- Excellent water resistance stops water ingress
- Safe for humans, animals and plants once dry
- Very High V.O.C
Barrettine Decking Oil is an oil-based decking stain that is perfect for all types of wooden decking, summer houses, sheds, fences and other garden wood. Solvent-based formulation for deep penetration and enhancing the natural grain and beauty of wooden decking. Will not crack, peel or flake.
Always do a test area before starting any project to check product suitability and final finish. Follow the manufacturer’s instructions on the tin at all times.
Do not apply Barrettine Decking Oil in wet conditions or if rain, frost or snow is likely before the product is dry. Decked areas should be completely dry before application. Stir thoroughly before and periodically during application.
- Apply a thin, even film of decking oil with a suitable decking applicator
- Work the oil into the surface of the wood grain
- Wipe off any excess oil with a clean, lint-free cloth
- Allow the first coat to fully dry, then apply a second coat as above
- Allow 24 hours to dry completely before heavy use
Two coats of Barrettine Decking Oil are usually sufficient but this may vary depending on the type and condition of the timber to be treated.
To preserve the look and performance of the oiled finish for longer it is recommended that decked areas are swept with a stiff broom on a regular basis. This is to remove loose leaves, dirt and other organic matter that can settle on the decking boards and in the grooves, which can degrade or damage the finish and decking timbers over time.
Scuff marks, stains, grease and other surface contaminates can normally be cleaned with Barrettine Driveway, Decking and Patio Cleaner. Stubborn marks and stains may require a light sanding and a thin application of Barrettine Decking Oil to restore the affected area.
High foot traffic areas that start to appear worn or tired, or that are losing the ability to repel water effectively can be easily restored. First clean with a suitable decking cleaner then re-apply a thin coat of Barrettine Decking Oil to the affected area for an invisible repair.
If the finish begins to look tired or worn over time, or loses its ability to repel water, simply re-apply a fresh coat of Barrettine Decking Oil, following the Preparation and Application instructions above.
Q. What’s the difference between a coloured decking oil and a decking stain?
A. Coloured decking oils and decking stains both change the appearance of wooden decking by changing the natural colour of the decking boards. Most types of decking stain form a coloured coating over the top of the timber while decking oils penetrate into the wood grain and stain the wood from within. In terms of maintenance, decking oils are easier to patch repair and maintain, plus they will never crack, peel or flake.